Greywale Advisors is a leading expert on Open Access Broadband and Neutral Communication Infrastructure.
- We focus on INNOVATION – The intersection of technology and markets.
- Today’s U.S. Broadband market is BROKEN – We’ve SOLVED it!
Read my new article of how Open Access Broadband is a HUGE WIN for the BIG INCUMBENTS https://www.isemag.com/2018/09/incumbent-broadband-providers-versus-muni-broadband/
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Do? If you want to build or invest in the future of broadband and local communications we can assist you:
- Create the optimal Open Access Broadband or neutral communication infrastructure based on local conditions
- Address fiber and wireless in one comprehensive community-driven infrastructure.
- Create and adapt your financial models based on local conditions
- Identify and quantify cash flows, ownership and debt models.
- Create your story, messaging and talking points for all ecosystem participants.
- Help you sell the project to the entire community
- RFI/ RFP replies, position papers, Op-ed writing, etc.
Professional Services: Executive Briefings, Strategy Development and Assessment, Strategic Messaging Creation and Assessment, Ecosystem and Value Chain Participation Strategies, Partnering Strategy and value chain creation, Product and Solution Strategies, RFI/RFP writing and response assessments, Keynote Speaking and Writing. Technical assessments, market position assessments.
Our Customers: Those looking to capitalize on the future of broadband. Those looking to monetize existing network assets. Those looking to acquire or build broadband networks. Those looking to transform their communities.
- Private Equity Investors, Over-builders, Community Broadband Groups, Municipal Leaders, Network/Fiber Owners, Network/Fiber buyers, ILECs, Cable MSOs, MNO and anyone that can benefit from millions of open gigabit connections.
Our Philosophy: Innovation should be the rising tide that lifts all boats. Translation: Everyone in the Broadband Ecosystem Wins with Open Access Broadband and Neutral Communication Infrastructure!. Even the Incumbents!
Select Published Materials:
The U.S. Broadband Ecosystem is Broken: Time for a New Game! (@LinkedIN)
ACLU and Municipal Broadband; False Narratives and Misconceptions. (@LinkedIN)
Incumbent Broadband Providers verse Municipal Broadband (@ISE)
Will the City of San Francisco Define the Future of Broadband? (@ ISE)
Open Access Broadband: Dark Fiber vs. Lit Fiber (@ Broadband Communities)
PODcast: Big Cities Tired of Waiting for Modern Broadband, Do It Themselves? (@ISE)
Keynote Address: The Alternative ILEC Transformation Presentation TANE2017
Linux Foundation Open Networking Summit (ONS) Presentation: Open Source & Open Broadband
The Real ILEC Transformation: To Open Access Infrastructure (@ISE )
THE NEW ILEC TRANSFORMATION: TO OPEN ACCESS (ARTICLE ON PAGE 4)
Open Source Fiber Huts? An Indication of the Future of the Broadband Ecosystem (@ISE)
PODcast: An alternative ILEC transformation (Here)
How the CORD Project Will Change the Economics of Broadband (@Linux Foundation)
The CORD Project: Unforeseen Efficiencies: A Truly Unified Access Architecture (@Linux Foundation)
Why GoogleFiber has stumbled: The Lessons to Learn & Why Moving to Fixed Wireless Won’t Solve the Problem. (AT LIGHT READING ULTRA BROADBAND)
ACLU and Municipal Broadband ( https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aclu-municipal-broadband-greg-whelan/ )
Select Quips and Quotes
- “All local loops are local”
- “Community Broadband is about Community not broadband”
- “Broadband is critical community infrastructure”
- “Rural broadband isn’t broken, it was never fixed”
- “Broadband isn’t about technology, it’s critical infrastructure for community vibrancy”
- “Net neutrality is a myth, always has been”
- Starting in 1992, his broadband background has grown from:
- Initiated and led the development of the first ADSL modem semiconductor chipset (Analog Devices)
- Architected and led the development of the first data centric DSLAM (Cascade/Lucent)
- Drove product marketing and management for the first residential broadband gateway (Cayman/Netopia)
- Drove strategic marketing and messaging for entire end-to-end broadband networks (Cisco)
- Drove strategic marketing and messaging for the entire end-to-end broadband ecosystem (Greywale)
- National thought leader in open access broadband and neutral communication infrastructure.
- Alternative Broadband Activities
- Created alternative broadband models comprised of Business, Technical and Financial architectures.
- Worked with technology vendors implementing the first Open Access Broadband networks in US.
- Worked with leading European Open Access experts to adapt European/Swedish models to the U.S. and Canadian markets.
- Worked with private equity and investment banking firms to create an open and neutral communication architecture for U.S. Markets.
- Recently Keynote presentations at the Linux Foundation’s Open Networking Summit (ONS) on “Open Source and Open Broadband” and at the Telecom Association of New England (TANE) Executive Summit on “An Alternative Future for the ILEC”.
- BS Electrical Engineering – Cornell University
- MBA Innovation Management – Northeastern University
- Studied Digital Video over Broadband at the MIT MediaLab
- Past Broadband Ecosystem Activities
- Co-founder, and Vice President, of the ADSL Forum, now known as the Broadband Forum.
- Active member of the U.S. Committee T1 – T1E1.4 – created the first ADSL Standard (T1.413)
- Active member of the ITU SG4/Q15 – created the first global ADSL standards (G.992.1 and G.992.2).
- Active member of the Universal ADSL Working Group (UAWG) (Microsoft, Compaq and Intel driven initiative) that accelerated U.S. Broadband Deployments.
- Drove broadband product and marketing strategies at: Analog Devices, Cisco Systems, Cascade Communications (Lucent), Cayman Systems, Aware.
- Broadband Speaking and Articles
- Speaking: Telecom Association of New England (TANE) Keynote (2016, 2017) Executive Conference, Linux Foundation Open Network Summit (ONS), TIA Annual Conference, AllSeen Alliance Summit, SCTE TecExpo.
- Articles; Lightreading.com, ISE, Broadband Communities, Linux Foundation, SkinnyWIre, LinkedIN.
- Industry expertise encompasses:
- Open access broadband – technical, business and financial architectures
- Neutral communication infrastructure – technical, business and financial architectures
- U.S. broadband industry (Fixed and wireless)
- U.S. Incumbent provider strategies (real strategies)
- Community and Municipal Broadband threats and realities