Greywale Advisors is a leading expert on Open Access Broadband and Neutral Communication Infrastructure.
- We focus on INNOVATION – The intersection of technology and markets.
- Today’s U.S. Broadband market is BROKEN – We’ve SOLVED it!
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Do? If you want to build or invest in the future of broadband and local communications we can assist you:
- Create the optimal Three Pillar Open Access Broadband or neutral communication infrastructure based on local conditions
- Address fiber and wireless in one comprehensive community-driven infrastructure.
- Create and adapt your financial models based on local conditions
- Identify and quantify cash flows, ownership and debt models.
- Create your story, messaging and talking points for all ecosystem participants.
- Help you sell the project to the entire community
- RFI/ RFP replies, position papers, Op-ed writing, etc.
Professional Services: Executive Briefings, Strategy Development and Assessment, Strategic Messaging Creation and Assessment, Ecosystem and Value Chain Participation Strategies, Partnering Strategy and value chain creation, Product and Solution Strategies, RFI/RFP writing and response assessments, Keynote Speaking and Writing. Technical assessments, market position assessments.
Our Customers: Those looking to capitalize on the future of broadband. Those looking to monetize existing network assets. Those looking to acquire or build broadband networks. Those looking to transform their communities.
- Private Equity Investors, Over-builders, Community Broadband Groups, Municipal Leaders, Network/Fiber Owners, Network/Fiber buyers, ILECs, Cable MSOs, MNO and anyone that can benefit from millions of open gigabit connections.
Our Philosophy: Innovation should be the rising tide that lifts all boats. Translation: Everyone in the Broadband Ecosystem Wins with Open Access Broadband and Neutral Communication Infrastructure!. Even the Incumbents!
Select Published Materials:
Open Access: Dark Fiber vs. Lit Fiber (@ Broadband Communities) PODcast: Big Cities Tired of Waiting for Modern Broadband, Do It Themselves? (@ISE) Keynote Address: The Alternative ILEC Transformation Presentation TANE2017
Linux Foundation Open Networking Summit (ONS) Presentation: Open Source & Open Broadband
The Real ILEC Transformation: To Open Access Infrastructure (@ISE )
THE NEW ILEC TRANSFORMATION: TO OPEN ACCESS (ARTICLE ON PAGE 4)
Open Source Fiber Huts? An Indication of the Future of the Broadband Ecosystem (@ISE)
PODcast: An alternative ILEC transformation (Here)
How the CORD Project Will Change the Economics of Broadband (@Linux Foundation)
The CORD Project: Unforeseen Efficiencies: A Truly Unified Access Architecture (@Linux Foundation)
Why GoogleFiber has stumbled: The Lessons to Learn & Why Moving to Fixed Wireless Won’t Solve the Problem. (AT LIGHT READING ULTRA BROADBAND)
ACLU and Municipal Broadband ( https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/aclu-municipal-broadband-greg-whelan/ )
Select Quips and Quotes
- “All local loops are local”
- “Community Broadband is about Community not broadband”
- “Broadband is critical community infrastructure”
- “Rural broadband isn’t broken, it was never fixed”
- “Broadband isn’t about technology, it’s critical infrastructure for community vibrancy”
- “Net neutrality is a myth, always has been”
- BSEE Cornell University, MBA (Innovation) Northeastern University
- Co-Founder of the Broadband Forum, drove 1st U.S. and International DSL Standards
- Strategic Broadband roles at: Cisco, Analog Devices, Cascade Communications (LU-ALC-NOK), Cayman System, others.
- Working on early open access networks in the U.S. for 2 years.
- Public Speaking at; Open Networking Summit (Open Source for Open Broadband) TANE Executive Conference (An Alternative Future of the ILEC), AllSeen Summit, SCTE, TIA and others.
Recent Alternative Broadband Projects:
- Created technical, business and financing architectures combining open access broadband and neutral communication infrastructure for municipal leaders, technology providers and private equity investors.
- Worked with technology vendors to implement one of the first Open Access Broadband networks in U.S.
- Worked with leading European Open Access experts to adapt models to the North American market.
- Worked with private financial firms to create a private funding model for our open access broadband and neutral communication infrastructure model for North America.